Saturday, August 14, 2010

Party on the Papaya tree



















The cacophony outside drew me to the windows. Behold! On the Papaya tree, a noisy party was going on. I saw the female spotted koel feasting on the golden papayas. Soon an Indian tree-pie flew in to join the noisy party. It kept a skeptic eye on me, as it relished on the fruity delight. I clicked a few pics and left them to a peaceful feast. Half an hour later, I came back to find a lone male koel perched precariously on the tree, finishing the last morsels of the fruit...

Papayas when they ripen, are party-time for birds. Our neighbouring house has many papaya trees in their backyard. And when the fruit ripens, I will pray fervently that the neighbours shouldn't notice the ripened fruit and pluck it away :-) Otherwise, I will miss my golden bird-watching opportunity.

5 comments:

Ajish said...

quite natural party :-)

Flyaway Mind said...

@ajish: hehee..true..

Anonymous said...

It's a rufous tree pie

Bishnu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bishnu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.